Monday, 15 June 2015

The Seedy Presumption - 5

Continued from Part 4....

I wasn’t sure I heard right. “What did you say, Papa?
“Your mother made some sense, although I still stand by my views. I’m not as bad as you two think”, His gaze was back on me, “I’m just patiently waiting to tell you two “I told you so””, and with that, he got up and left for work, skipping his breakfast.
“Didn’t I tell you that my God doesn’t disappoint?”
I nodded in agreement. Papa’s opening remark was however not lost on me. He was clear about it. His mind was long made up before our prayer session. There was no point in reminding Mama of this. I was however not ready for her next statement.
“Hurry up and get ready. I spoke with the Prophet earlier in the morning. He wants us to come in for a special session.”
“Oh Mama! Why don’t you call him and let him know there’s no need for us to pray again. The problem has been solved.” I had been looking forward to catch up on my lost hours of sleep.

Situated on the outskirts of Accra, our journey to The Lord’s Vineyard Philanthropic Miracles Ministry involved three car changes and three hours on the road, one of which was spent battling the terrible Monday morning traffic. We made our way to the prophet’s personal assistant who was suited up in a glass cubicle in front of his mentor’s office, drenched in sweat. He noticed the look of confusion on my face as he looked up from his diary to confirm our appointment. With a knowing smile, he explained without my asking, “Our AC’s sickness has come again o. We are trusting God to touch someone’s heart to meet the ministry at its point of need.”
I only nodded in reply. He turned to Mama,
“Mrs. Anim, the Prophet will soon call for you. He wants me to let you know that the Lord has laid it upon his heart to not charge any consultation fees today from 8am to 9:45am, and you are blessed to have your appointment fall within this timeframe. Just feel free to drop whatever seed the Lord lays on your heart in the Love Offering container when you go in to see him.”
Mama turned to face me, “This our God is a miracle worker.”
“Yes he is.” Saving 100 cedis through this waiver was a miracle.
We waited our turn in the stuffy reception with the AC spewing out hot air with each swing. After about ten minutes, Mr Personal Assistant came out of his cubicle to lead us in. I was surprised when he didn’t excuse himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment